- This event has passed.
Long Day Against Procrastination Drop-in Writing Event
March 5 @ 11:00 am - 8:00 pmFree
Drop in for thirty minutes or five hours! This event sets first-year students loose on assignments of their choosing in a dedicated, (relatively) distraction-free space. The Peer Writing and Learning Assistants will be available to provide suggestions, and goal setting while, in a nearby room, free snacks, regular break-time dance parties, and excellent raffle prizes keep everyone motivated.
Through one-on-one consultations and a supportive, healthy environment this event may help students
- generate new ideas and map connections
- structure a complex paper in a coherent way
- sculpt an introductory paragraph or thesis statement
- break a large project into smaller writing tasks
- feel part of a larger writing community
- get started on a major assignment earlier rather than later