Get It Done
Twice per academic year, Student Academic Success Services and Queen’s Residence Life join forces to provide first-year students with the ultimate anti-procrastination tool — complete with substantial snacks, supportive Peer Writing and Learning Assistants, and occasional motivational dance parties, to boot!
Upcoming: Long Day Against Procrastination
11am-8pm on Sunday, March 5, 2017
Ban Righ Levana Room
Drop in for thirty minutes or five hours! This event sets first-year students loose on assignments of their choosing in a dedicated, (relatively) distraction-free space. The Peer Writing and Learning Assistants will be available to provide suggestions, and goal setting while, in a nearby room, free snacks, regular break-time dance parties, and excellent raffle prizes keep everyone motivated.
Through one-on-one consultations and a supportive, healthy environment this event may help students
- generate new ideas and map connections
- structure a complex paper in a coherent way
- sculpt an introductory paragraph or thesis statement
- break a large project into smaller writing tasks
- feel part of a larger writing community
- get started on a major assignment earlier rather than later
Photo courtesy of Szabolcs under Flickr Creative Commons Attribution license 2.0.