Welcome to Queen’s! As a first-year student, your focus will be on making the transition to university-level academic expectations. You probably have a lot of questions!
Many resources are available to support you:
- Academics 101 covers everything you want to know about making the transition to university, from workload to exam prep (and everything in-between)
- The First Six Weeks covers some quick tips on how to make the most of those most influential first weeks at university
We also encourage all students, including first-years, to take advantage of our in-person services:
- sign-up for a workshop, including the popular ‘Making the Grade: The Transition from High School to University’
- drop in with the upper-year Peer Learning Assistants during Study Skills Coaching to design your weekly schedule or ask questions about how they study
- meet one-on-one with a Learning Strategies advisor to design a customized plan based on your situation and preferences for whatever academic concerns you have