Looking for tutoring?
Learning Strategies can help students with ‘learning how to learn’, but there are other resources on campus to help students with tutoring in certain academic disciplines. Visit our Subject-specific Academic Support Resource Guide to learn what is available to you, or check out this quick list of academic peer tutoring services:
ASUS Peer Tutoring
- ASUS Peer Tutoring, formerly known as Mindfind, is a new and improved service that partners upper year tutors with those looking for a tutor in a variety of Arts and Science courses.
- To sign up, please visit the online matching system at queensasus.com/tutoring
- If you have other questions about the program, email the co-directors at email@example.com
Chemistry Help Desk and tutors:
Faculty of Engineering
- ENGLINKS is a service run by the Engineering Society at Queen’s that matches upper year tutors to students in any year. http://engsoc.queensu.ca/academics/englinks/ or for more information contact Caitlin Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Douglas Tutorials are an optional free service to help you through first year. It is a service meant to cater to your needs providing for additional academic assistance. It is a service run by students. http://appsci.queensu.ca/firstyr/tutorial/
Math and Statistics
- Help and Study centre: http://www.mast.queensu.ca/ – pdf. of schedule found on left sidebar
- Tutors: http://www.mast.queensu.ca/tutors/
Computer Science (COMPSA)
- BrainTrust: Queen’s Commerce Society offers BrainTrust, a peer tutoring service for first and second year students. Individual tutoring and exam review are available.
- Book online: http://braintrusttutoring.ca
- Peer Assistance Program: Your Biochem DSC brings you the Biochemistry Peer Assistance Program, where you get advice tailored to you from people who have been in your shoes and understand the demands of our program.
Phys Ed and Kinesiology Student Association
- PHEKSA provides a tutor matching service for extra help in any class. http://www.queensu.ca/skhs/undergraduate/student-associations/pheksa
- Peer Assistance Program: From the French DSC brings you the French Studies Peer Assistance Program, where you get advice tailored to you from people who have been in your shoes and understand the demands of our program. http://www.queensu.ca/french/undergraduatestudents/currentstudents/dsc/peerassistantprogram.html