We are hiring Peer Learning Assistants for 2015-16!
Will you be in 2nd-year or above starting September 2015? Do you love teaching and learning?
As a PLA, you will have the opportunity to…
- Teach workshops on academic skills and strategies to other Queen’s students
- Empower others to accomplish their academic goals
- Provide drop-in sessions on time management in Stauffer Library
- Participate in outreach campaigns to promote academic success strategies
Perks of being a PLA…
- Flexible volunteer scheduling
- Training in public speaking, group facilitation and academic skills
- Supportive professional staff (including reference letters)
- Access to an office in Stauffer Library
- A warm community of like-minded students!
Dates to be aware of…
Friday, February 6th 3:30-4:30pm – No-obligation information session in Stauffer 121 with current volunteers
Monday, February 9th – Online application due
Friday, February 13th – Resume and cover letters must be delivered to Stauffer 143
The application, desired qualifications and full job description are available online.