Twice per academic year, Student Academic Success Services and Queen’s Residence Life join forces to provide first-year students with the ultimate anti-procrastination tool — complete with snacks, supportive Peer Writing and Learning Assistants. Drop in for thirty minutes or five hours!
This event sets first-year students loose on a final paper of their choosing in a dedicated, (relatively) distraction-free space. The Peer Writing and Learning Assistants will be available to provide suggestions, while, in a nearby room, free snacks, and excellent raffle prizes keep everyone motivated.
Through one-on-one consultations and mini-workshops, this event may help students
- generate new ideas and map connections
- structure a complex paper in a coherent way
- sculpt an introductory paragraph or thesis statement
- break a large project into smaller writing tasks
- feel part of a larger writing community
- get started on a major assignment earlier rather than later