The English as a Second Language program at the Writing Centre provides academic writing support to students whose first language is not English.
While ESL students are always welcome to make an appointment with any of our writing consultants, students who have specific questions on writing or have a particular concern about their writing are urged to arrange an initial consultation with the Writing Centre’s ESL Program Coordinator, Donna Katinas (email@example.com).
The Writing Centre offers a variety of resources to support ESL students including workshops, ESL handouts and books, and help with preparing for English proficiency tests — particularly for Engineering students.
Do you need help with common ESL grammar problems?
Locate other ESL support:
For general support with English, see our ESL Resources handout.
English language support and other useful information: Queen’s University International Centre
Part-time ESL courses: Queen’s School of English
More good links:
- Purdue University’s online writing lab: Follow the ESL links
- http://www.askoxford.com/:Oxford’s free online dictionary
- CBC/ESL: Learn (Canadian) English with the CBC
- BBC’s Learning English: An awesome website for learning (British) English
- Sounds of English: Pronunciation help
- Self-Study Quizzes for ESL Students
- Dave’s ESL cafe: A whole bunch of ESL-related stuff
- Online English Grammar Maintained by the Hampstead School of English
- ESL at Ohio University: Student and teacher resources are available here