The Writing Centre offers a variety of programming to support undergraduate and graduate students of all abilities and levels of completion. Please refer to our drop-down menu to learn more about the services we offer. If you have a question or a request, please email us at email@example.com .
Writing Centre: Learning Outcomes
Depending on specific programs, services, and resources used, students will
- identify critical thinking and rhetorical strategies for generating, refining, supporting, and applying ideas, arguments, and information in order to communicate them for specific purposes to a range of audiences.
- practice and implement strategies for logically organizing information and/or arguments in order to achieve coherence and rhetorical effectiveness.
- identify both strengths and areas for improvement in their writing in order to effectively revise their own work for clarity and accuracy.
- familiarize themselves with conventions and requirements of university and disciplinary writing in order to produce scholarly and stylistically appropriate assignments.
- recognize how to acknowledge in their writing ideas and information from sources in order to use the work of others responsibly and in keeping with the principles of Academic Integrity.