First-year student? Final essay or lab? Join us on November 22 for Get It Done!
Twice per academic year, Student Academic Success Services and Queen’s Residence Life join forces to provide first-year students with the ultimate anti-procrastination tool — complete with snacks, and supportive Peer Writing and Learning Assistants.
Get It Done: Long Day Against Procrastination
11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. on Sunday, November 22, 2015
Ban Righ Fireside Room
Drop in for thirty minutes or five hours! This event sets first-year students loose on a final paper of their choosing in a dedicated, distraction-free space. The Peer Writing and Learning Assistants will be available to provide suggestions, while, in a nearby room, free snacks, and excellent raffle prizes keep everyone motivated.
Through one-on-one consultations and mini-workshops, this event may help students
- generate new ideas and map connections
- structure a complex paper in a coherent way
- sculpt an introductory paragraph or thesis statement
- break a large project into smaller writing tasks
- feel part of a larger writing community
- get started on or actually finish a major assignment earlier rather than later