Student Academic Success Services (SASS) helps Queen’s graduate students hone their writing and academic skills. Popular areas of support for graduate students include completing theses, writing clearly and concisely, increasing motivation, managing time, reading efficiently, and practicing English as an Additional Language. We offer resources, workshops and appointments for students at any stage of degree progression.
Schedule a 1:1 session with a professional writing consultant or learning strategist this summer!
We can provide support for essays, dissertations and other grad-related writing, English language learning (including presentation and academic language skills sessions), and motivation, time management, procrastination, and managing academic stress.
The Writing Centre (May 9 – July 27)
Learning Strategies (May through June)
To book a writing consultation or learning strategies advising appointment, access our online booking system.
SASS graduate Strategies and Tools:
- Do you ever feel like you just can’t get started?
- Managing stress in graduate school http://sass.queensu.ca/stress-and-coping-strategies/graduate-student-stress/
- Managing your time in graduate school http://sass.queensu.ca/time-management/graduate-time/
- Critical reading skills in graduate school http://sass.queensu.ca/reading-and-notemaking/graduate-reading-notes/
- Presentation skills and presentation anxiety in graduate school http://sass.queensu.ca/presentation-skills/