Producing a piece of academic writing can be a daunting project. We’ve put together some resources and tips on how to ease the process of writing.
Make a plan.
It takes a surprising amount of time to develop your ideas and write well. Make sure you give yourself enough time by using these resources.
- Break down your assignment using an assignment calculator.
- Create a term calendar or weekly schedule.
- Check out some time management strategies.
Get motivated and stay focused.
- Build your motivation.
- Stay focused and avoid procrastination.
- Try our quick tips to combat procrastination.
- Check out our motivation tips for graduate students.
Manage writing anxiety and perfectionism.
Having trouble producing sentences, or letting go of a revised draft? It’s very common for writers to feel as though their writing isn’t good enough. Here are some ideas for getting past this barrier.
- Check out our quick tips for managing academic stress.
- Improve your writing experience.
- Learn more about managing perfectionism in writing.
Get help with your writing.
Book a writing appointment at SASS and check out these online resources for help with specific types of writing, structure, grammar, style, etc.
Get help with your research.
Think about research in a new way (3 minute video).
Did you know you can get 1:1 research help from the Queen’s librarians?