Earn a certificate from QUIC & SASS while overcoming academic culture shock!
The Academic Connections Certificate (ACC) allows you to uncover the academic expectations at Queen’s University through programs and services about academic success and overcoming academic culture shock. Participation in the ACC is flexible; complete the certificate in a few weeks or over the academic year, and engage online or in person! Register online and you will be invited to join the onQ course. A PDF of the ACC brochure is available here.
Core certificate requirements
Attend all four sessions of Overcoming Academic Culture Shock: Strategies for Success at Queen’s University (or complete modules on onQ)
- Session 1: Academic learning
- Session 2: Academic communication
- Session 3: Academic integrity
- Session 4: Academic writing
- Attend any two sessions of Write Nights. Write Nights are weekly interactive writing workshops where you are empowered to make choices as a writer. A different writing topic is discussed each week, and topics include academic phrases, articles, writing structure, transitions, prepositions, source integration, pronouns, and avoiding idioms.
- Attend any one Wellness Session and document participation. Choose a session related to wellness offered by the Queen’s International Centre, Student Wellness Services, and/or the Student Experience Office. See the list of possibilities and document participation in onQ.
- Sign up for any service or program from 1:1 Connections. Try out a one-to-one service or program offered within the Division of Student Affairs. See the list of possibilities, follow directions to sign up, and document participation in onQ.