Booking an appointment at SASS: How-to video
Students can book an appointment with a writing consultant, academic skills specialist, peer writing assistant, or English as an additional language consultant by using our online booking system.
You must register with our online booking system before you can make an appointment. If you have questions about the system, please see our FAQ tab. If you have technical problems, please let us know via email.
When you book an appointment, please indicate whether you would like to meet in person or online by selecting a choice from the drop-down menu on the booking form. Please note: All appointments are currently offered online only.
If possible, book early—our appointments are popular!
How to book an appointment in WCOnline
- Select a date, timeslot, and a consultant. Available appointment timeslots are WHITE. (RED timeslots are already booked; BLACK timeslots are unavailable; GREY timeslots have already occurred.)
- Note that all appointments begin on the hour or on the half-hour. For example, if you want to sign up for a 25-minute appointment at 10 am, reserve the time between 10 am and 10:30 am.
- Click on an open (white) appointment time to open the reservation window.
- When the reservation window opens, fill in the required information. We ask for this information to ensure you receive the best possible consultation. This information is private and accessible only to relevant SASS staff.
- After completing the form in the reservation window, click “save” to finish. Your appointment will now appear on the schedule in red, and you will receive a reminder email with the date and time (check your spam folder if you don’t see it).
How to begin your online session
- Click on your appointment slot in the WCOnline schedule (where you booked the appointment).
- Then click on the link “Start or Join Online Consultation.”
- You will be redirected to the virtual appointment space. The space includes a shared whiteboard, a text chat box, and video chat windows. You have access to the virtual space as soon as you make the appointment, but your appointment will not actually happen until the time it is booked.
We encourage you to go into your virtual space before your appointment time to ensure that the connections and functions all work properly. Online consultations are best facilitated through a Chrome browser. We look forward to seeing you! If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 613-533-6315.