“Study smarter, not harder” may be a cliché… but it’s true!
Learning how to study for midterms and exams is vital for students’ academic success. We review a broad range of tools to help you create a customized study schedule, understand how to prepare, take, and debrief exams, and adopt strategies for effective studying and anxiety reduction.
Need to make a plan for exams?
Try our exam study schedule (December 2019).
- Preparing for the test/exam: What to do before the test. How to be informed, strategic, select and organize study materials, and review/self-test.
- While taking the test/exam: Strategies for adjusting to the content, timing, and different question types, as well as for dealing with test anxiety.
- After the test or exam: Debriefing to analyze, celebrate, and take stock of body and mind.
- Planning tools: Templates and instructions to help you organizing your study schedule, how to use your study blocks, and tips for studying for multiple exams.
- Effective study strategies: Summarizing, Memorizing, Understanding, Elaborating, and Self-Testing.
- Format-specific strategies: Multiple Choice, Essays, Short Answer, Problems, Math & Science.
- Test anxiety: Strategies for before, during, and after the test or exam.