Producing a piece of academic writing can be a daunting project. We’ve put together some resources and tips on how to ease the process of writing.
Make a plan
It takes a surprising amount of time to develop your ideas and write well. Make sure you give yourself enough time by using these resources.
- Break down your assignment using the SASS Assignment Planner.
- Graduate students might like to try the thesis manager
- Create a term calendar or weekly schedule.
- Check out some time management strategies.
Get motivated and stay focused
- Try our resources on motivation and procrastination.
- Check out our strategies for staying focused.
Manage writing anxiety and perfectionism
Having trouble producing sentences, or letting go of a revised draft? It’s very common for writers to feel as though their writing isn’t good enough. Here are some ideas for getting past this barrier.
- Improve your ability to manage academic stress.
- Improve your writing experience.
- Learn more about managing academic perfectionism.
Get help with your writing
Book a writing appointment at SASS and check out these online resources for help with specific types of writing, structure, grammar, style, etc.
Get help with your research
- Think about research in a new way (3 minute video).
- Did you know you can get 1:1 research help from the Queen’s librarians?